Friday, June 24, 2016

Learn Something New - Debossed Watercoloring

Sometimes, you try and do one thing ... and it sort of fails ... like EPIC FAIL. But sometimes, FAILURE is just the BEGINNING ...

I saw a REALLY pretty card in the Taylored Expressions booth at the Rubber Stamp Expo. I liked this card so much I bought the embossing folder, hoping to give the technique a try.

I think with a LOT of practice, I could MAYBE make a version of the card that isn't TOO awful. But I decided to turn it over and stop looking at it for a while. Inspiration struck!

Here's what happened.


HOW IT HAPPENED!!!

I spritzed the debossed side of my watercolor cardstock with water. I colored on it with my Aqua Crayons and blended with a wipe. I went back in some areas adding highlights, green to the spaces between the posies. It was SUPER easy and I fell in love with the background.

I let the paper dry, then trimmed it down and mounted it as shown, on some CHERRY RED cardstock from Gina K Designs. I die cut the YOU and stamped CELEBRATING with CHERRY RED ink from Gina K Designs.

I WISH you could see how this card SPARKLES. I love my Aqua Crayons from Michael's!!! 

Supplies:

Ink: Cherry Red (Gina K Designs)
Cardstock: Cherry Red, White, Watercolor (Gina K Designs)
Stamps and Die: One & Only You (Taylored Expressions)
Embossing Folder: Rosey Posey (Taylored Expressions)

Other: Color Splash Aqua Crayons (Michael's Recollections)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you have to say and will answer any questions.